Please do not complete these steps until you have been informed your email mailbox has been moved to the new system.
The following link contains examples of the Corporate/Exchange/Activesync setup of various Android devices. http://hosting.intermedia.net/support/kb/?id=1835
The steps to setup an Android device can vary greatly based on the phone you currently have, as can be seen from the link above. In the case of the Android phones we can hope the autodiscover will do the job. In most cases, follow these instructions:
- Open the “Settings” menu
- Locate the submenu named “Accounts”
- This is where you can add your SCCC campus account to your phone
- Click the option to add a new account. This can vary from phone to phone.
- The type of account for what we need can vary but the most common names you will need to look for are “Corporate”, “Corporate Sync”, “Exchange”, “Exchange/Activesync” or just “Activesync”.
- You will be asked for your email address and password.
- Once you have typed these two items in tap the “Next”, ”Done”, or “Continue” button and this should set the device into the autodiscover mode mentioned above and try and obtain your settings automatically for you.
- If the autodiscover does NOT work, the Droid will ask for more information such as the “Domain\Username”, “Server”, and of course the password. The two most common settings will be the username in the “domain\username” format which in our case will be “sccc.edu\firstname.lastname” and the server name which will be “owa.sccc.edu”.
- Once these settings are in place, tap the “Done”, “Next”, or “Continue” buttons and your device will try and connect again.
If this does not work, please contact support.