Install Cisco Jabber - Instant Messenger
Posted by JJ Widener on 03 October 2014 11:26 AM
To install Cisco Jabber Instant Messenger:
1. Must be connected to the Seward County Community College domain, aka logged in to your work computer. (sccc.edu)
2. After logging in, go to Control Panel.
3. After clicking on Control Panel, select Programs and Features, and then click on "Install a program from the network". Or...if you do not see this option, then move on to the next section.
Then click on...
If your your View by selection is set to Category then all you need to click on is "Get Programs".
For XP: Click on Add Programs or Features and then Get New Programs.
4. After clicking Get Programs or Install a program from the network, then "Cisco Jabber" will be on the next screen. Double click on it, and Cisco Jabber will be installed.
5. After the install process is completed it will put an icon on your Desktop that looks like this .
6. Open the program, and use the same username/password you log into your computer with.
7. Accept the certificate when you first start the program.
Screen sharing is not available on Windows XP.
Why can't I make phone calls from Jabber anymore?
Go to the application tray on the bottom right of your screen, and find the Jabber Icon then right click on it and select exit. Then Re-open Cisco Jabber and the phone should be synced with Jabber again.